[nabs-l] Training centers and their structure

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:27:43 UTC 2011

one more thing about training centers...
   I hear that  the traditional training centers often see   students
returnto the center for more training even after they've completed a
full term .  It's important to point out that  the federation
believes, not that you will remember everything you  were ever taught
while at an NFB training center, or one based upon structured
discovery  methodology.  What  is believed is that if you  really
apply yourself you will truly understand and believe  that  blindness
need not be the  end of the road.   could it be the beginning, could
it be a continuation? (I'll let  you listers argue that  point for me
* smile*). at  these NFB training centers, you  have blind people
teaching you everything you are expected to know, you learn the
philisophical and the practical.   and you learn this, within the  six
to nine months that you are there.  yes,  these centers believe that
once is enough as training goes, yet some do go back for additional
training, but  those numbers are very small as compared otherwise.
Besides, who want's to spent 12 to 18 months somewhere when you know
you have a life to  lead and plenty of oppertunities to use those
skills you've learned, anyway?
  Darian

--
Darian Smith