[nabs-l] Needing text pal

Nicole B. Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Feb 12 06:23:40 UTC 2011

A few words of caution:
Not all PDF's can be saved as text. This is only possible if the PDF is made
a certain way. As a matter of fact, it has been my experience that, if Jaws
cannot read the PDF in Adobe Acrobat, then you cannot save it as text.

Even if a PDF can be saved as text, it is not always the best way. This
tends to insert linebreaks where there are not any visually and leaves out
any blank lines.

Finally, I have come across PDF's that could be saved as text, but what the
text said had no resemblance to what was actually written.