[nabs-l] Any thoughts on Washington Seminar

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 00:20:54 UTC 2011

I too support the legislation.  Yet, I think it was a mistake not to join
the coalition surrounding the 21st Century bill.  I think we could have
included more of the provisions in that successful legislation had we been a
part of the group.  If this bill gets anywhere, I'll be a monkey's uncle,
but I think this is going to go the way of Social Security caps.  Net
neutrality, privacy and rural broadband would appear to be higher on the
totem pole to leave much room for this type of legislation.  It's not about
being anti-Federation.  It's about pointing out practical concerns, and it's
always bugged me that we've mostly gone onto the Hill without a concrete
plan or even specific proposed language to support our cases.  I also
support the second priority about educational standards, but come on, it's
as if we have the NFB world and then the rest of reality...

Best,

Joe