[nabs-l] books on blind history

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 4 14:12:41 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,
I am hoping to get the titles and authors of any books on blindness which you may have found helpful or educational.  Many many years ago I read a book called "hope Deferred" by Jacobus Tendbrook (probably misspelled).  I think it was written in the 1940's, and my memory is that I learned a lot about the history of blindness from the book.  I just looked on Bookshare for Hope Deferred, but it is not there.  If anyone can tell me where I might be able to get a copy of this, along with any other titles about the history of blindness which you have found worthwhile, I would really appreciate it.
Warmest regards,
Dennis