[nabs-l] switching majors?

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:48:46 UTC 2011

Josh,

Your going to let that one course, affect that you will change majors. If
its not accessible to you in the current form, then, find some way to make
the class work. If that means finding someone who can sit with you at the
computer and do the course, then do that. A lot of things in our lives are
not accessible, but does that mean we should give up. Not to me. Means we
should try harder. If you can't figure out a course and how to make it
accessible, then when you get into a work situation, there are going to be
lots of things that are unaccessible. Don't give up so easily, you have done
all this work thus far, why change and throw it all away. If IT is your
thing, then do it. You should seriously ask the computer savvy people on the
computer science list, if anyone has taken this course and how they dealt
with it. I know of other blind folks in the IT field.

Josh, if there is a will, there is a way!

Just my two cents for whatever its worth,
Marsha