[nabs-l] {Disarmed} Re: Microsoft publisher and word

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Sun Jan 9 05:30:07 UTC 2011

Microsoft publisher isn't that accessible. I've tried to use it
with JAWS, but the only controls that are accessible are the
dialog boxes, not the edit controls where you actually do the
work. I am an expert (somehow) writing HTML, but I tried to
create a web page in publisher and it didn't work out.

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 22:03:19 -0600
>Subject: [nabs-l] {Disarmed} Re:  Microsoft publisher and word

>I have not had any experience with office 2010, but I've been
using office
>2007 for over a year with the freely available NVDA screen
reader.  You move
>from ribbon to ribbon using the left and right arrow keys after
pressing
>alt.

>The ribbon bar is really a tab bar with subsequent options under
each tab.
>In my experience, most access keys have remained the same, at
least in
>office 2007, with few exceptions.  For example, many access keys
have become
>triple-stroke access keys, meaning you have to press a key like
ALT+N, and

wrote:

>> Hi All,

>> What features of Word in 2007 and 2010 don't work well?
>> Have most accessibility issues been worked out?  Alt puts you in
the ribbon
>> bar; how do you move from ribbon to ribbon?
>> Do all Microsoft key shortcuts still work?  For instance Control
N for new,
>> Control O for Open, and control f for find?

>> Just wondered how much has stayed the same; I'm upgrading soon.
Also is
>> microsoft publisher accessible? I am not using it at school, but
may need
>> that at work someday.
>> Thanks.
>> Ashley