[nabs-l] waver

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:12:51 UTC 2011

Sean,

Excellent post.  I believe, however, that any large organization, with as
many facets as the NFB, should have a constructive guide on what positions
it has taken with regard to popular issues and at least a brief description
of why that position was taken.  I was appalled to read some of the comments
where the overarching views of the organization were misconstrued.  Some of
the points that come to mind are: audible signals, accessible currency,
video descriptions, and Braille literacy.  I feel such a guide could be a
good way to succinctly inform prospective members and the public at large,
because while I agree that such points can be found in resolutions and
general literature, we're assuming that people will go hunting for
information to disprove their preconceived notions.  Such a guide would at
least serve as a starting point for putting the NFB philosophy into some
kind of context for the uninformed.  Otherwise, thanks for laying out one
hell of a post.  Not bad for a Democrat!

Regards,

Joe