[nabs-l] re college classes vs high school classes

dstrick1 at roadrunner.com dstrick1 at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 23 21:46:00 UTC 2011

I believe your past successes and failures are what you make of them; you cannot blame your failures on anyone but yourself. They are the decisions that you made as an adult. If you do not learn from them you are doomed to repeat them. You repeatedly speak of goals but are doing nothing to further these ideas. On paper something may look good but if nothing is done to put the idea into action it is still time wasted. I grew up in a small town, I went to college in a small town and now I live outside of Los Angeles and am getting my doctorate. It was something that I wanted and I made it happen. My parents are not to blame for my decisions. I am solely responsible for them. You have had many opportunities that you have not taken advantage of over the past several years. You are going to school online. Why not join the work force doing something because if you think there are not people out there with the same degree and more experience looking for a job you are fooling yourself. There are thousands of people who have experience and cannot find work. Just because you get the degree does not guarantee you a job. What are you going to say when the interviewer asks you about work experience and you are 30 years-old? Also, you are saying you wish you went to college in a large city. Well, did you ever think that if you did that you would not have a wife or child? The past is the past, but I know the area in which you live and there are a lot more opportunities there then you lead people to believe. So, in closing I say strap on your boots and start forging your way through the sea of life!