[nabs-l] Dowloading files from Bookshare to Victor Stream

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:30:00 UTC 2011

Dear Justin,
Here are the steps that I take to download and extract a Bookshare
book onto my Victor. I take extra steps to have the book available on
my external hard drive in case something goes wrong and I have to
delete the book off my Victor.
1. Download the file into My Documents (or a flash drive or esxternal
harddrive as you prefer, but not your Victor yet).
Name the file the book's title plus ZIPPED plus Bookshare
, so you can recognize it well.
2. Go into the folder you put the file in, and right-click and select
Extract All.
3. Follow the steps of the Extraction Wizard, and click the Browse
button to extract the file into a new folder in the same location as
the original file. This way, all the files are together and easy to
copy and passte the whole folder and only those files.
4. Once the files are extractred into their folder, go into that
location, copy (or cut) the unzipped file, and paste it into your
Victor's $DTB (digital talking book) file.

If this doesnn't work, you may jave the download settings set to the
wrong type. Can anyone remember how to check this? I don't recall...

Later,
Jewel

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!