[nabs-l] Jaws 11 and SPSS

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:32:56 UTC 2011

SPSS is a statistical software. Since it is only one assignment, I
would use a reader. However, if you are doing a thesis for your
masters and going into the research field, I think it would be wise
for you to research different statistical softwares such as Vassar
Stats, or R, and see if they are accessible with various screen
readers. I did not have any luck with JAWS and SPSS in the 2 courses i
took in which it was required, but I have heard that NVDA works with
it, but have not had time to investigate. You can do Pearson's
correlations, and T Tests along with descriptive statistics in Excel
using by writing out the formulas. I'm sure if you google it, you can
find out how to write the formulas. I'm sorry, I don't have them
listed in a document.

Hope this helps, and I'm sorry I can't offer you a more positive
answer regarding JAWS.

Cindy