[nabs-l] New Slate & Style Editor Welcomes Submissions for all Forms of Writing

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 01:58:57 UTC 2011

Dear Friends,

As new editor for Slate & Style, magazine for the NFB Writers Division,
I am working with President Robert Newman, and those interested, to
create a fresh publication that can gain attention throughout the
Federation and perhaps beyond.  Many members of the division and email
list, Stylist, write literature, but we want to incorporate all genres
and styles-journalism, technical, music, newsletter, literature, etc.

As we set a new pace for Slate & Style, I want to include articles that
discuss various tips and style guides along with practical applications
for different forms of writing.  Slate & Style will continue to publish
short literature pieces-fiction and creative nonfiction-along with
poetry, but we are broadening our horizons.  The Federation has a lot of
talent to offer that encompasses a wide range of writing forms.

Our next issue of Slate & Style will release this spring.  All
submissions must be turned in by April 3 for consideration in the spring
issue.  Please follow the submission guidelines listed:

Articles are to be 1000 words or less.  Fiction and creative nonfiction
submissions are to be 3000 words or less.  Poems are to be 36 lines or
less.

Include a title page with author name, title of each piece and contact
info-phone, email and address.  Please include a brief bio of
yourself-no more than 150 words.

All email submissions must be attachments and sent to
bpollpeter at hotmail.com.  Do not paste entries into the body of an email.
In the subject line, write:  Slate & Style submission, name, title.

If you send a submission via snail mail, please use a standard font so
it can be scanned with no complications.

Use MS Word or create an RTF for all submissions.

Make sure to proofread and check your own grammar and formatting.

Slate & Style will consider all submissions for publication.  However,
please refrain from graphic sexual and violent content as well as
language and anti-religious, anti-gender, anti-racial and anti-sexual
orientation content.  Material will be published according to the
discretion of the editor though.

Please direct questions and comments to Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter at
<mailto:bpollpeter at hotmail.com> bpollpeter at hotmail.com, or 402.350.1735.

I look forward to developing a new voice with Slate & Style.  Your
contributions will pave the road for our future ahead.

Sincerely,

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter

Editor, Slate & Style