[nabs-l] integration question

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:47:59 UTC 2011

Hii,

I’m taking AP Calculus and we’re doing the Rectangle Approximation
Method and Trapezoidal Rule for integration at the moment. I was
wondering if you guys have any suggestions or know of any programs to
attack this problem. My classmates have graphing calculators and my
teachers gave them a couple of programs to put in to their calculators
so they could figure out problems without drawing the rectangles and
trapezoids out by hand. It’s also a lot easier to figure out problems
that require really small intervals. I’m currently drawing rectangles
out on raised graph paper, but this takes an excessive amount of time
and is not really efficient. I have the Audio Graphing Calculator, but
I don’t think it supports the RAM. However, I don’t know all of AGC’s
capabilities, so maybe it does?
Also, we are doing sigma notation which looks extremely weird in
Braille. Is there anyway to write it correctly in Microsoft word using
Greek letters? Could the Braille note have a way to write this
notation as well?

Thanks so much for your help

Minh

--
Douglas Adams - "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."