[nabs-l] Convention in Orlando

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:02:33 UTC 2011

Rachael,

The Nebraska affiliate did distribute an email about the kakis before
convention.  It stated when and where, and usually you can reach one of
the Nebraska members during convention to ask for this info.

If you aren't receiving emails from NFB-Nebraska, check into that
because as a due paying member, you should receive them.  Any of the
state board members can help you with this, but Mike Hanson is our
webmaster, and he distributes all the emails from state.  If you aren't
receiving these emails and updates, I can even contact him for you, if
you wish.

I'm glad you were able to experience your first national convention.  It
is a life-changing experience, and you will have so many memories.  I
wish I could have gone this year, but my schedule just didn't allow for
it.

Sorry I missed you at the Omaha picnic, but my sister was in town, and
that was the only night we could hang out together.

If your in Omaha this summer, I hope you can come to chapter meetings.
The July meeting is July 21, but I have to work Jazz on the Green for
the Omaha World Herald the same night so I can't make it.

I hope all is well with you.  Are you attending university this fall?
Ross says you're interested in writing?  I highly recommend UNO's
Writers Workshop program.  It is actually one of the few undergrad
writer workshop programs in the country, and they have awesome
instructors who are all published writers in fiction, poetry and
creative nonfiction.  I had the most amazing experience in the WRWS
program, and I've strengthened my writing skills so much.  You should
definitely check it out.

Talk soon, and hope you're enjoying your summer.

Bridgit P

Message: 1