[nabs-l] Cab Drivers Talking on Their Cell Phones

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 17 01:52:01 UTC 2011

Nicole,
I have used cabs privately and when they contract with our paratransit
service, metro access.
Its half and half I think. VA has not passed a no talking law yet, but they
have banned texting while driving.
Yes when a cab driver talks on the phone for a majority of the ride, it
certainly bothers me.
I know they cannot focus on driving as well when they are having a personal
conversation.  No I
haven't talked to anyone about it; but I've thought about talking to the cab
company. I'm not sure what their policy is about cell phones. That is
something I've wanted to find out though.

I'd say if you feel unsafe, talk to the cab company and get the policy. If a
cab driver violates that policy, then report him/her; get the cab number and
if possible the driver's name.

Ashley