[nabs-l] [Blindtlk] Accessible phones for the blind through sprint and tmobile

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:43:43 UTC 2011

Homberto,
  There's always Android.  It might not be what you're looking for,
because you need a data plan and have to buy an extra $100 program to
give it decent accessibility, but that's a product which will only get
more and more accessible as time goes on.  But I don't think either of
those networks have a basic dumbphone like the Samsung Haven which is
accessible right out of the box.
  Oh, one more thing.  Give t-mobile six months to a year, and I bet
you'll see t-mobile selling iphones.  Just a guess, but it wouldn't
surprise me.
  Chris,
  I'm a t-mobile prisoner...I mean, umm, customer.  With all due
respect to the NFB, that discount's just T-mobile's second-rate
attempt at public relations with the blind community.  There isn't
much substance behind it, as far as I can tell.  At least AT&T gives a
huge price cut with mobile speak.  Anyway, there's a huge reason so
many blind people have iPhones now.  Sprint and T-mobile are
definitely behind at&T and Varison when it comes to accessibility.
  Best,
Kirt