[nabs-l] Solving CAPTCHAS

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 01:58:32 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

If the site is built using the ColdFusion markup language tell them to take
a look at CFForm Protect. It performs spam and bot checking without any
interaction by the user and is freely available. I have it running on one
Web site and no one is encountering any difficulties. Such an approach makes
the site fully accessible to blind and deaf-blind visitors. Audio captchas
are of no use if you're both blind and deaf. Perhaps there is a component
similar to CFForm Protect for other Web development environments they could
replace that captcha with to remove accessibility barriers and just plain
irritation for sighted users to deal with.

    I always said don't bank on services like Webvism or Salona and I'm
being proved right.

Peter Donahue