[nabs-l] GPS Products aned Software

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:26:04 UTC 2011

Hi Jewel,

Yes, the Trekker allows you to do this by either recording a
landmark or searching for one.  Let's you your example for
instance, the local library.  When you are at the library and
have your Trekker with you, hit the button in the middle with the
dot on it, that kind of looks like a 5 on a telephone keypad
(that's the only way I can describe it) and the Trekker will say
"record landmark" and beep.  At this point, you can say
"library." Then wait for it to beep again and you've recorded
your landmark! From then on, if you want to go to the library,
you can press the go to button and select library, and it will
give you instructions.  You can also get guidance to landmarks
that the Trekker picks up that are near where you are.  To do
this, hold down the where am I button and the Trekker will beep
and say "what's around." You can navigate the places with the
arrow keys, or do an extended search by hitting confirm.  If you
do an extended search, it will ask you to select a category.  Go
through these categories (food, transportation, landmark, etc.)
with the arrow keys, and once you've found the category, hit
confirm.  It will then search and tell you how many items it has
found in that category.  Again, go through these items with the
arrows and once you've found what you're looking for, hit
confirm.  Hit confirm again to start pedestrian instructions, or
press and hold confirm to start driving instructions.  Hope this
helps!

 Chris

The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps visually impaired youth in
Maryland have the ability to confidently say "I can!" How? Click
on this link to learn more and to contribute:
www.icanfoundation.info or like us on Facebook at I C.A.N.
Foundation.

 Sent from my BrailleNote