[nabs-l] [Braillenote] notetakers: are they worth buyinganymore?

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 29 00:06:30 UTC 2011

Chris,
I love the BN for its built in display and portability and of course
accessibility.
Yes we have talking computers and now talking smart phones but they are not
the same as a good accessible PDA such as the Braille Note.
I think more would opt for the accessible PDA rather than a talking Ipad or
Iphone if the notetakers were actually affordable. Even if you work, the
average entry level salary is 35,000 and buying that 4k or 6k notetaker
isn't very affortable. Some large employers and the government actually buy
notetakers for their employees. But still many
blind people's employers cannot afford that.

Ashley