[nabs-l] Moving Files and folders on the Mac?

Kimberly thurman kimthurman at insightbb.com
Fri Jul 29 23:52:20 UTC 2011

NIcole,

You can't move files and folders in Snow Leopard on the Mac unless you use a program called Move Addict.  I think this is available in the app store.  I don't know much about it, because I don't use it.  I just copy the files, and then delete them from the folder I wanted to move them from.  I think this is a safe guard by Apple to keep folks from losing data.

I do hear that you can move files in Lion though.  I have not upgraded to Lion yet.  To copy and paste you press command C and then command V to paste.  To move, you type command C to copy and command/option/V to paste.  The files will then be deleted from their original folder and be placed in the new one.

hth