[nabs-l] Southern Strums: Seaking performers

Juan Munoz jcmunoz1989 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:30:10 UTC 2011

Dear Federationists,

As you all know, Southern Strums is making it’s return to National
Convention this year in Orlando, Florida. It is with great pleasure to
announce that we are now accepting auditions for performances. Any
genre and anyone may participate, provided that a few criteria are
met, as well as if you are accepted to perform. This is what we are
looking for:

• Individual and group performances will be accepted.
• AN audio sample for auditioning purposes is needed (one song will be
enough, but you may submit more if  you wish.)
• Accompaniments  may only be in the form of live instruments and or
other people. Backing tracks from CDs are discouraged. We want to
showcase your talent and that of your partner or partners where
applicable.
• At least a fifteen-minute set, but no more than thirty minutes, is required.
• The date or dates you would be available to perform (July 2, 3, or 4)
• If you do more than one night, we ask that you make each set at
least a little different to spice things up for our audience.

The most common genres we get are folk and country, but a little
something new and different always makes things that much more
interesting. We know there are plenty of you out there who love music
and relish or at least entertain the idea of performing in front of an
audience. Let us know who you are, and you may very well get your
chance. If you have any questions, or want to discuss further, send an
e-mail to
jcmunoznfb at gmail.com
and we will gladly assist you. We need your help to make Southern
Strums a huge success as always. So break out those recorders and send
in your auditions. We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you
at convention.

--
Respectfully,

Juan Carlos Munoz