[nabs-l] Important: Blind Students Needed to Test E-Books at Convention!

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 00:25:34 UTC 2011

Dear students,
Pearson, one of the leading college textbook publishers, has set up a
special session at the NFB national convention to get feedback from
blind students regarding the accessibility of a new math workbook they
are developing. They would like to get 15 students to meet with them
during this session, and so far, only four have signed up. We would
really like to support Pearson in their initiative to make online
learning materials accessible. Please help us out by signing up for
this session on Thursday, July 7, from 7:00-9:00 p.m. If you have any
free time between 7 and 9 on Thursday, even if it's not the whole two
hours, please let me know-we may be able to work around your schedules
so we can get as many student participants as possible.
If you would like to help with the testing, please email me as soon as
possible at
nabs.president at gmail.com
so I can give your name to Clara at the national center. Thanks in
advance for your help in improving accessibility for blind students.

Best,
Arielle Silverman, President
National Association of Blind Students