[nabs-l] Isaiah Wilcox for NABS President

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:39:01 UTC 2011

I'll also vote for you. Good luck!

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Jorge Paez
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 10:10 AM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Isaiah Wilcox for NABS President

You have my vote.
That is, if the membership allows us non-convention attendies to vote and
doesn't override our constitutional rights.

On Jun 17, 2011, at 6:35 AM, Isaiah Wilcox wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I hope this message finds you all doing well and in excellent spirits.  I
would like to take a brief moment of your time to introduce myself and to
announce that I am running for NABS president.

> My name is Isaiah G. Wilcox and was formerly the president of GABS, I am
currently a board member of NABS, and the treasurer and IT administrator for
the NFB of Georgia.  I was introduced to the federation at the first ever
Youth Slam and I selected as a scholarship recipient in 2008.  I am a recent
graduate of Morehouse College and now I am an intern with the Department of
Defense.  I will be working towards obtaining a masters degree in the spring
of 2012 once my internship is complete.

> I am running to become the next NABS president because I wish to:
> Continue the growth of NABS and continue to seek equality and opportunity
for students nation wide.
> Utilize social media, the web, and other innovative tools to reach out to
more students and gain access to new resources.
> Mentor student division presidents to build leadership within the
divisions
> To place NABS at the forefront in the fight of issues facing blind
students.
> And much, much more!!!
>

> For more information about me or to learn more about me campaign visit my
Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vote-Isaiah-Wilcox-for-NABS-President/2210557
37918092

> or
>
> Visit my Youtube Channel at
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDPEsVibe9k
>
> Thank you for your time and if you are planning to come to convention I
hope I can count on your vote for me as the next NABS president.

> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Isaiah Wilcox

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/computertechjorgepae
z%40gmail.com