[nabs-l] draft 2 - complete section with amendment

Rania Ismail CMT raniaismail04 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:35:53 UTC 2011

Yes I agree! That's a great idea!

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Jorge Paez
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:02 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] draft 2 - complete section with amendment

Chris:
Great idea.
This would also clear up elections a little bit by forcing the candidates to
announce their intentions beforehand so that online members get all the
choices in time and can make informed decisions.

On Jun 19, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Chris Nusbaum wrote:

> Kirt,
>
> At the risk of starting an ACB debate again, I will tell you one thing
that they do that (if we decide to do it) might solve the problem of this
not working since we need to listen to each candidate's introduction speech
if they haven't done such an introduction on the list.  When it gets close
to the ACB convention/elections, ACB Radio (ACB's online radio station) does
a series of debates and question-answer sessions with the candidates running
for ACB offices (treasurer, President, vice Presidents, etc) where members
can call in and ask questions directly of the candidates.  In the same way,
we could have a NABS conference call (or a series of them) in which we
introduce candidates running for whatever offices that are up for election
that year.  One of our members (preferably one that isn't running so as to
prevent bias) and can ask some questions in the beginning (like an
interview, you know, one of those "meet the candidate" interviews that they
have on the radio all the time before a political election) and then open it
up to the members to ask the candidates questions.  That way, this amendment
could work because even people who aren't going to convention are prepared
to make their decision when they vote on their absentee ballots.  In other
words, let's do what the mainstream American media and the government do,
because if they can do it, we can too! What do you think of this idea?

click on this link to their national Web site: www.campabilities.org.

> The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps visually impaired youth in Maryland have
the ability to confidently say "I can!" How? Click on this link to learn
more and to contribute: www.icanfoundation.info.