[nabs-l] streaming convention

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:11:31 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just talked to the national center and asked some questions
about streaming of the National Convention online.  John Bergrun,
(if that's how you spell it) who is managing the streaming for
the national center, told me that by next week, there will be a
link on the national convention information page on nfb.org for
the stream which also contains a schedule of all the events
streamed and when they will be streamed.  He could tell me for
sure that they will be streaming the three days of general
sessions, the board meeting, and the banquet.  The main things
that they don't stream are the division meetings (we already know
that NABS's meeting will be recorded and put on nabslink.org) and
the seminars.  Many of these seminars will, however, be recorded
and posted on the National Convention Highlights page in the
Audio-Video Center on the NFB site after convention.  These will
just not be streamed live as they're happening.  He also said
that they will have everything finalized on Wednesday, and will
forward this information to Dave Andrews, asking him to
cross-post this to all the NFB-NET lists so we know the final
information.  This was just the information I got from the
national center, and I thought you would want to know.  Hope this
helps!

Chris

To learn more about Camp Abilities and find a local camp near
you, just click on this link to their national Web site:
www.campabilities.org.

The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps visually impaired youth in
Maryland have the ability to confidently say "I can!" How? Click
on this link to learn more and to contribute:
www.icanfoundation.info.

 Sent from my BrailleNote