[nabs-l] [Nfbnet-members-list] Threw Our Eyes interview, Ride into History, Race for Independence, Wed. June 22, 8:00 pm EDT

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Wed Jun 22 21:57:37 UTC 2011

Joshua,
The IBill is very affordable,compared to the older money identifiers
that used to be on the market. I remember that,in 2004,I purchased a
Note Teller (or at least I think it was called that),and it was
somewhere around four hundred bucks.
Sure,maybe not everyone can afford to pay a hundred bucks for a money
identifier, but we all know that blindness products arr especially
designed for us, and we are a minority. Therefore, things that will be
of use to just us as opposed to everyone else will be priced much
higher. That's just the reality of it.
And I have trouble understanding how you can compare a giga-pet to an
IBill. A giga-pet was a toy purchased by a ton of kids--it was a trend,
and not very technologically advanced. Here you are trying to compare
that to a device used to identify money, which can only be of use to
blind people. And that means a handful of people compared to the amount
of giga-pet buyers back in the day.
And also,in reference to another email you sent recently about
developing exclusively coin-based currency, the statement you made
about counterfeit coins is simply false. Coins can be
counterfeited--maybe not as easily as paper currency, but they can, and
they have been in the past.

Submitted respectfully

Bernadetta