[nabs-l] Win a Trekker Breeze from Nagdu

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jun 23 03:48:20 UTC 2011

             Win a Trekker Breeze!

             The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a
strong & proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is
giving away a Trekker Breeze.  This Trekker Breeze, valued at more
than $1000 is a hand-held talking personal GPS. Weighing only 7 oz.,
the Trekker Breeze is water resistant with a very clear synthetic
voice and will last 8 hours on a battery charge. In addition to the
Trekker Breeze and all its accessories, NAGDU is including the map
manager program, maps of the entire United States on one DVD, a 2 GB
SD memory card, and a leather carrying case from Executive Products.
For more information about the Trekker Breeze, you can visit
HumanWare's website at

<http://www.humanware.com/>HTTP://WWW.Humanware.com

             Tickets for the Trekker Breeze drawing are $2 each, 3
for $5, 7 for $10, or 15 for $20. To enter the drawing, please visit
the NAGDU table (A-33) in the exhibit hall.
Of course, NAGDU will also be selling our all-natural dog treats. The
dog treats are $6.00 for an 8 oz. bag or 2 for $10.

             Proceeds will support the work of the National
Association of Guide dog Users (NAGDU). NAGDU is a membership
organization for blind people who use or are considering a guide dog
for independent travel, guide dog trainers and puppy raisers, or
those interested in guide dog related issues. NAGDU promotes sound
public policy as it pertains to guide dog use, provides guidance to
businesses and law enforcement, conducts informational workshops to
civic organizations and schools, supports sound practices in the
training and use of guide dogs, and acts as advocates for guide dog
users facing discrimination. You can become a member of NAGDU by
clicking on the "Membership Information" link on our website.

Our major project is a national toll-free information & advocacy
hotline providing information and support on issues of guide dog use
that will launch at the 2011 convention of the National Federation of
the Blind. Callers to the hotline will be able to hear information
about federal laws protecting the rights of service animal users,
including guidance on service dogs in specific settings, such as
restaurants, taxicabs, and health care facilities. Individuals facing
discrimination will also be able to connect to an advocate trained to
assist in the resolution of issues related to service dog use. Watch
for an announcement about the NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline soon!
I would like to express our gratitude to Roger Behm, president of
ADAPTIVE INFORMATION SYSTEMS INC. for his continued support of the
National Association of Guide dog Users. Please consider Roger for
your future technology needs and thank him for his support. You can
contact him at

ADAPTIVE INFORMATION SYSTEMS INC.
WE MAKE TECHNOLOGY ACCESSIBLE TO THE VISION IMPAIRED & READING DISABLED
ROGER A BEHM, PRESIDENT
1611 CLOVER LANE
JANESVILLE WI 53545-1388
VOICE: 608-758-0933
TOLL FREE: 877-792-4768
Cell: (608) 346-7059
FAX: 608-758-7898
<mailto:AISTech at AmeriTech.net>AISTech at AmeriTech.net
WWW.ADAPTIVEINFORMATION.ORG