[nabs-l] Introducing the 2011 NFBMI Scholarship Program

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 03:29:06 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I am sure that everyone is enjoying the long days of summer, but it will not
be too long before it all comes to an end, and the autumn leaves will remind
us that it is time to hit the school books yet once again. However, as the
days get shorter, don’t despair. I have some great news to share.

After a long absence, I am pleased to announce the return of the National
Federation of the Blind of Michigan scholarship program. Attached to this
email, you will find a copy of the application form. Please feel free to
distribute this form to anyone who may be eligible to apply for this
scholarship.

Winners will receive a scholarship in the amount of $500 along with an
expenses paid trip to the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan state
convention in Kalamazoo, Michigan on November 4-6, 2011.

Scholarship applicants must be legally blind, and be attending a full time,
post-secondary educational program within the state of Michigan. All
applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee by Friday,
September 16, 2011.

Yes, I know it is still summer, but they say vote early and often. But wait,
it only takes one application to win, so fill out an application today
before football and classes begin!

Elizabeth Mohnke
President,
Michigan Association of Blind Students