[nabs-l] Isn't it ironic

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:40:11 UTC 2011

If the book was not reading with BLIO, it most likely was the author or
publishers fault and not the BLIO product itself.  Believe me, I
understand the frustration of not being able to access info especially
literature.  And I too am a fan of the King Killer Chronicle series, but
research a complaint before becoming so combative.

As we have seen with Kindel books, publishers and authors have the same
ability to not allow a text-to-speech reading function.  Until this
issue is resolved, we will continue to encounter similar problems.

JAWS should be able to read text unless, of course, the file is not
created properly like inaccessible PDF's.  But this was not a matter of
such a creation.  Perhaps JAWS was experiencing problems, or your
computer was.  Technology, like everything else, has its limits and does
not always work.

I feel your pain, but it might have been best if you had contacted KNFB
before ranting and making accusations.  It sounds like the creators of
BLIO have answers that would have benefited your argument.

Perhaps after following their directives, you can inform the list as to
how it worked, and if you had better luck with the book.

Bridgit

BLIO itself appears to be a great option for print impaired readers, but
if publishers do not comply, it is not the technologies fault.