[nabs-l] Macs Verses PCs

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:02:51 UTC 2011

Hello,
Even if you don't install iWork or Open Office, you can read and write word documents with Textedit, which comes with the operating system. Also, Nisus Writer is an excellent text processing application.
Finally, you can buy each application in iWork separately from the mac app store. For example if you know you won't need Keynote, which is the iWork equivalent of powerpoint, you can just buy Pages and Numbers.
A new version of iWork should be out this year (at least that's what people say) and hopefully it will be even more accessible than the current one. We'll have to wait and see!