[nabs-l] Advocacy and some help, please.

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:35:55 UTC 2011

Hi all. Last week I went to Orlando for  a vacation. Needed a nice warm place rather than the cold cold climate where I live in Maine. I went to two theme parks: Disney's Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Disney had a wonderful device that was equipped with GPS. I wore it around my shoulders and it provided me with info when I passed certain things like restaurants, bathrooms, rides, etc. When on the ride, it would provide me with audio descriptionat the appropriate points throughout the ride. Universal was another story. Nothing was mentioned about blind people on their website, nothing was available in Braille, and I was treated as if I was from another planet..
I am mentioning this on this list because I don't know who to contact. NFB will be in Orlando, and I'd think the least Universal can do is provide things in Braille.  At the very least!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me off list if you have any other questions. My email is: hope.paulos at gmail.com
Sincerely,
Hope Paulos