[nabs-l] (no subject)

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 8 03:34:56 UTC 2011

good points!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirt Manwaring
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 8:38 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] (no subject)

Darian,
  Here's how I see it.  We all share, or hopefully share the
conviction that we as blind students know best what we need.  We
should all have a common purpose; namely, advocating for blind
students within the framework of the NFB.  We may disagree quite
passionately about how best to accomplish that goal, but we should
never forget that we're working for the common good of blind students
and any official NABS policy ought to reflect the opinion of the
majority of us.
  That being said, united doesn't mean blind obedience to anything or
anyone.  I'm thrilled we can argue and discuss and debate.  So long as
we all share the same dream of equality with our sighted friends and
peers, I fervently hope the debate continues.  The day we stop sharing
our opinions is the day we fail.  But along with that the need for
unity of purpose is glaringly apparent.  We can disagree, we should.
But we should always remember that, in the end, we're all working for
the same dream.
  Best,
Kirt