[nabs-l] imergency in Michigan

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 05:44:02 UTC 2011

No George. There are federal regulations, but its primarily state driven.
States set the budget and eligibility for food stamps.  Also housing comes
through states too; its called Section 8 housing.
If there are budget cuts in Michigan, they will certainly hurt anyone living
off government supports, not just blind people.  Yet one could argue that
people with disabilities are more vunerable.
Here in VA, the department of rehab services, DRS, is running out of
funding.  They are cutting many programs in DRS to assist their clients.
The agency for the blind has a separate budget though.
So DBVI is not as impacted as DRS is.
Ashley