[nabs-l] SAT testing

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 00:29:19 UTC 2011

Humberto,
I took the SAT before college but its changed since then.  So they may not
have the analogies section they used to have. Other parts are about
vocabulary and reading comprehension. Of course I did badly on the math part
as that is my weakest subject.
These are my tips.  If you are a good multiple choice test taker, apply some
of the principles you  do for regular tests.

    Read directions and sample questions carefully.
    As with other multiple choice tests, eliminate obvious wrong answers;
then pick the est one.
    If there is fill in the blank, read the sentence with the word choices
you selected and see if it makes sense.
    Don’t ponder on a question too long since you do not have all day; come
back to questions you don’t know if you have time.
    This tip may not work if you are taking the exam tomorrow, but if you
retake it, practice/study ahead of time.  Practice analogies. Know synomyms
and antonyms for words. Stududy with a friend if you can find some test prep
material.