[nabs-l] Confused regarding suit against Google Aps

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:46:44 UTC 2011

But do we pursue negotiations before slapping law suits?  Do we reach
out and seek diplomatic talks before engaging in legal suits?

All institutions should follow fair and equal standards, and they must
be accountable, but I understand the sentiments of those who are wary of
the law suits.

I am curious if anyone knows what, if any, the NFB does before filing
suits?  Do we extend an opportunity to fix the problem before dropping a
law suit?

We don't want to be known as a litigious organization.  In fact, many
people-- members and non-members-- have asked me why the NFB sues
everyone.

We certainly have an image to maintain, and we must demand equality, but
should we become the bulldog on the block?

Just food for thought.

Bridgit

Message: 5