[nabs-l] nabs-l Digest, Vol 53, Issue 31

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:56:55 UTC 2011

Pear-shaped and apple-shaped are not common body types for men and
women.  They are specific body types on a list of many.

Women and men have a lot of different body shapes, and we don't really
have a particular type most fall into.  Between myself, my mom and two
sisters, we all have different body types.

The shapes are just used to describe a body structure.  A pear shape
would be curvy with a smaller top and larger bottom-- like a pear.

I am not sure, Ashley, why your mother is so determined you fit in one
particular dress size.  Like I said before, shape and size do not always
denote being overweight or unhealthy.  And just because you don't lose
pounds does not mean you are not trying.

Also, as I said before, some lose in inches instead of pounds.

Your mom, I say this respectively, needs to relax and buy the dress that
fits you.  Why purchase a dress that may not fit?

I was a fitness instructor, and you have to understand that you may not
be able to "fit" into a particular body type.  None of us are the same,
and our bodies have limitations.  It sounds like you are trying.  If you
can, buy your own dress so your mother has no say.

And added stress will not help you lose weight-- in fact, it may impede
the process or even cause weight gain.  You need to make your own
decisions.

Bridgit

Message: 13