[nabs-l] OT weight issues

Karla Gilbride kgilbride at dralegal.org
Wed Mar 23 20:58:24 UTC 2011

Thanks; I just heard her voice.

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Mary Fernandez
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 8:44 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] OT weight issues

Dear Ashley,
Don't despair! So weight is an issue not just for the blind, but for all of America. I think that you have done some good things already by modifying your diet. Last year, I was a bridesmaid, and I also just wanted to look and feel better, I was  sie 10 and went down to a size six with a wonderfu program called slim in six. It is a dvd, but it is really really simple, and you will actually learn the routine pretty well. Most of the stuff she does is squats, and launges, things we all know how to do. Go to www.beachbody.com and try it. It is fairly affordable I think, and it is definiely worth the investment. I would say to do the whole hting with a sighted friend, or perhaps your mom the first time so that you get a good idea of what she's doing. Then, you can do it on your own. I promise it works, it's easy, and it's absolutely worth it. If you have specific quetions about it, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to help. I'm glad that you are taking the initiative to be healthier. So many of us are not blessed with an amazing metabolism and have to struggle with looking gorgeous and feeling great. So good luck sincerely, Mary F

--
Mary Fernandez
President: Georgia Association of Blind Students Emory University 2012 P.O. Box 123056 Atlanta Ga.

"It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it."
Terry Pratchett