[nabs-l] reading class matterial

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 27 02:00:55 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I’m experiencing trouble again getting accessible matterial even though I asked for it when the semester began and its in my memo of accomodation.
What I mean is I need powerpoints and handouts in electronic format!  We have presentations in grammar class and many either have handouts, powerpoint or both.
I’m at a disadvantage without them.  The instructor said she’d put them in blackboard; another student requested this and she agreed thinking it would help everyone.
But this wasn’t done and I emailed her for the handouts (both hers and the student presenters) and have not heard anything.

These handouts are pretty important because the text book sucks; its so technical and wordy and the professor breaks it down in her own words to teach us in a more understandable way.
Do you all have this trouble?

So should I tell my disability counselor  and she tell the professors?  I wonder; I am getting frustrated.  Its more a issue in applied grammar, not communication.
But two weeks ago the professor used powerpoint to do  a lecture.  He usually uses the board.

So how long does it take instructors to send you matterial?  Do you ask them a few times before going above them?

Ashley