[nabs-l] Blind people rock climbing

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Wed Mar 30 23:22:04 UTC 2011

Hi, I'm not sure this topic is really appropriate for this list,
unless so many students go rock climbing instead of going to
college! * joke * But you can join a mailing list that is more
related to this topic.  It is in the NFB-NET server as well; you
need to send a blank email message to
Sportsandrec-request at nfbnet.org with the subject line
"subscribe." there will be more people willing to talk more about
this topic than people in this list, students who are busy
thinking about homework and school and how stressed up they will
be for the next day and challenges with teachers/professors and
stuff.  I'm sorry to rain on your parade.

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:20:27 -0400
>Subject: [nabs-l] Blind people rock climbing

>Hi all!

>So my fiancé and I recently took up rock climbing and have been
going to a
>local rock gym weekly for the past month or so.  We go with
friends, but we
>are the only two in the group who are interested in top-roping.
We're both
>blind, and we take turns belaying for one another.  I know a fair
number of
>blind people rock climb, so I was wondering if anyone has any
tips or
>techniques that you use when you climb, for any aspect of the
climb?