[nabs-l] Handouts etc.

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:42:53 UTC 2011

Not that it's absolutely ideal, but can somebody please explain to me what
is so terrible about having to scan something yourself if you have the
equipment to do so at your disposal? I understand why multiple long books
could be a problem, though scanning those is, by and large, what I did
through college. In the time it takes to write a post about how horrible it
is to have to scan a handout, the damn thing probably could have been
scanned and OCR ed thrice over. Sorry if I'm way off base here, but we have
to be prepared to step up and do things for ourselves if we want to succeed,
even if it isn't fair or right, which I agree, it isn't. Life isn't always
fair, and the right thing isn't always the thing done. Not saying that it's
not something to strive for, but while we're striving, we'd better be
prepared to deal with the world as it actually exists.

Sean