[nabs-l] Food for Thought: Presenting Our Message as Theater

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Tue May 3 00:51:39 UTC 2011

Not long ago, I learned that the Braille Institute in Los Angeles, California, produced a series of recordings called Sound Solutions. They present tools and techniques for coping with blindness and vision loss in a number of dramatic formats. I thought: it might be cool if we could do that. We do have a play at our National convention, but that's about it.

I'm not sure if I agree with everything they present, but I still think we can learn from it. To get an idea of what they do, you can go to

http://www.airsla.org/soundsolutions.asp

The episodes cover topics such as: home management, coping skills, and many other topics, and with one exception, most of them are 30 minutes or less.

I'm presenting this for what it's worth, since I know that we have some creative people out there, and I also know that if we can present our message in a creative way, it might interest the younger generation. Check it out. Thanks.