[nabs-l] what is Federationism

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue May 3 20:31:35 UTC 2011

Hi, all.

Here's an interesting, maybe somewhat philosophical question for
all of you.  Sorry for those of you who don't like these topics,
you don't have to reply.  I've always been an NFB member (since I
was very little) but I was never really active in it.  Oh sure, I
followed some of the issues and had some oppinions, but I never
really was that active in the NFB itself.  Now, after I went to
the NFB's Leadership and Advocacy program, I seem to have a new
sense of support for the Federation and as I'm learning more, I
want to be more active in it.  I really am starting to understand
and strongly believe in the NFB philosophy, or at least how I
interpret it.  So I want to ask you a threefold question: what
does Federationism mean to you, what do you think the NFB
philosophy is, and why are you a Federationist? I'm not going to
tell you my opinion just yet, mainly because I don't really have
a strong one.  That's why I want to hear from you, think about
your opinions, and finally decide what I believe.  I look forward
to hearing all of your thoughts!

Chris Nusbaum