[nabs-l] accessible pedestrian signals APS

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed May 4 05:29:51 UTC 2011

I just remembered that in Madrid they have an other interesting system: where APS make this rather pleasant sound which sounds just like a bird singing. It's actually not annoying, and they have them literally all over the city. At this point it's just a sound that one identifies with Madrid. The bird also sings differently depending on how much time you have left to cross etc. The first time I heard it I thought it was funny, but the truth is that it doesn't bother people and it does the job.