[nabs-l] An Article about another Student at Myy College

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Sat May 7 08:32:23 UTC 2011

I think I know him too. We got our guide dogs at the same time back in 2004. I remember Matt really loved baseball at the time, and he was always playing outside with his dad. I couldn't really speak English at the time and we were very young, so I don't think we got to talk much. Actually, when they were matching dogs with owners he got assigned my current guide dog, but Matt walked too slow for the dog, or maybe it was the dog walking too fast :). But the fact is that I ended up with that dog, which is still working wonderfully! I was always walking a little faster than the dog they assigned me at first, so it worked out very well. I guess that's the advantage of instructors having a huge pool of trained dogs to choose from for each person.

IC