[nabs-l] An Article about another Student at Myy College

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Sat May 7 23:48:56 UTC 2011

Exactly on point, Kirt. Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to. One can
accept that all people are of equal value, which I do, without thinking that
all people are equal in any other regard. No two people are equal. I'd
rather be bright than dull. I'd rather be strong than weak. I'd rather be
healthy than infirm. And, yes, all else being equal, I'd rather be sighted
than blind. Doesn't mean I'm not happy with who I am or think I am worthy of
less consideration or moral value than anybody else, but it does mean that I
do recognize that blindness impacts, constrains and restricts some of the
things I am able to do. Anybody who does not accept this is, to my mind,
kidding themselves.