[nabs-l] NFB training centers and guide dogs

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:22:10 UTC 2011

Dear list,
  I'm thinking of attending the CCB sometime soon.  I'm also going to
try out using a guide dog and, if I find it beneficial, will probably
go through the process of getting one.  So my question is this.  Is it
ok to bring a guide dog to an NFB training center?  I mean, I know
that during my official day-time lessons I'd just need to use a
cane-and I'm fine with that.  I think the worst thing I could do, if I
get a guide dog, is let my cane skills slip.  But would there be any
problems, aside from logistics I'd have to work out, with bringing a
guide dog to a training center?  Anyone done it?
  Warmest regards,
Kirt