[nabs-l] gmail and Outlook 2003 problem

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:51:15 UTC 2011

Hi, Serena.

I don't know about the error in Outlook, but I get the same
dialogue box sometimes when I'm in some Web sites (the NFB site
included) on my Braille-Note.  Weird! Why is it hard for you to
use Gmail online with JAWS? Here's how I do it: go to the start
menu by pressing the Windows key (to the left of alt) and press p
for the programs submenu, then i for Internet Explorer.  When
it's done connecting, it will take you to your homepage.  I would
recommend changing your home page to the Gmail Web site, if you
haven't done so already.  If Gmail isn't your homepage, hit alt d
for the address bar.  Then type in www.gmail.com.  I wouldn't try
typing in mail.google.com, as I think that way is kind of
confusing.  When you hit Enter after typing in the address, your
page will load, and it will automatically put you in the form
field that asks for your username.  Type that in (it's the same
as your email address, including the @gmail.com part.  Once
finished typing in the username, press tab.  The next form field
will be the Password form field.  Type in your password and hit
Tab again.  You will hear sort of a popping sound.  That just
means you're out of the form field.  The next thing JAWS will
announce is "stay signed in check box not checked." If you're on
your home computer, I would suggest checking this box by hitting
Space so you don't have to type that information in every time
you get on the Web site to check your email.  If you're on any
other computer, don't check the box.  That way other people using
the same computer won't go into your email without your
permission.  After you've checked (or left unchecked) the check
box, hit Tab again.  The next item is the Sign In button.  Hit
space on this button.  (Keep in mind if you check the stay signed
in check box, you won't have to go through this whole process the
next time you go into your email.  It will then place you
automatically in your Inbox.) From there, the Inbox will load
and, when done, JAWS will say Gmail- Inbox.  When you get into
your Inbox, your emails will appear in a table, assuming that
you're viewing Gmail in Basic HTML view.  Hit t for table and it
will put you at the top of your email table.  Please email me off
list at: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com if you need any more help.  If
needed, I can also give you my cell number (off list of course)
and we can do it together.  Hope this helps!

Chris Nusbaum

--- Sent from my Braille-Note