[nabs-l] Out of curiosity

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:51:22 UTC 2011

Mike:

Because in an organization of thousands of people, you can't make
generalizations about the whole organization from what you know
about certain people in that organization, even if that person(s)
is/are in a leadership role in that organization.  For example,
ACB can't make any real generalisations (although they do) about
all fifty thousand members of the NFB based on views (or
interpretations of views) from certain people in the NFB, even if
that person or people are leaders in the NFB (Dr.  Maurer, Dr.
Jernigan, a state affiliate leader, etc.) Likewise, we can't make
assumptions about the tens of thousands of ACB members from the
views of certain people in the ACB.  That's exactly what happened
to me, and why I posted the "what is Federationism" question.  As
I had said in a prior post, I had always been a reluctant
Federationists because I wasn't sure if the extrexe views I was
hearing out of some NFB members (and leaders at that) represented
the * entire * organization.  All fifty thousand of them! I did a
little research and also asked my fellow listers, and decided
that those views didn't represent the idea of Federationism
itself, and I decided I liked the philosophy and joined the
Federation.  Does this make sense?

Chris Nusbaum

--- Sent from my Braille-Note