[nabs-l] A blind Fulbright grantee's question

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:46:41 UTC 2011

Adriana,

Good point Shawn. Ok with that said, Philly does have a extensive
transportation system, as I stated in a prevous message. If your interested
in getting to know more about the transportation in Philly and the
surrounding area, the system is called SEPTA. It stands for South Eastern
Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. Long name I know, that is why we call
it SEPTA. Their website is a little awkward, but if you're a good JAWS user
you can navigate it well. SEPTA also has a number you can call for help at:
215-580-7800. They will help with trip planning, explain your visually
impaired and need to know specifics. And furthermore, if you want advice
from others, besides me who live in Philly, you can call the NFB of
Pennsylvania affiliate president, who can tell you anything you want to know
about the area at: 215-988-0888. You can also find his info on the NFB.org
website. His name is Jim. Tell him, I referred you, and that you're a
student looking to possibily attend Temple. He will help in any way he can.

HTH
Marsha