[nabs-l] Spring Closing: Future of eTextBooks

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:47:29 UTC 2011

With spring drawing to a close, it's time to start hunting for accessible textbooks for summer and/or fall.

Against popular belief, , there is a mainstream, fully accessible, cheap, and innovative  eTextBook platform that I have  been using with great success since fall 2010. And, I will be using them again for summer and fall.

WHo is this company? CourseSmart <http://www.CourseSmart.com>
What will it work with? Windows NVDA or jAWS; Mac OS X and iOS VoiceOver (I use it on all of these platforms/screen readers)
Why? mainstream, innovative, 60% off regular textbooks, accessible, no need for disabled student services
What other benefits? go-to-page, search, full table of contents, HTML tags/navigation (headings, lists, tables, and alt text for graphics)

CourseSmart is worlds largest eTextBook company for higher education, and it's great that accessibility commitment and work is stellar, top-notch, and nothing better!

Will you break from the status quo, join the innovation, and be a part of the future?

Sent from my iPad