[nabs-l] studying, skimming and reference material

Antonio Guimaraes freethaught at gmail.com
Thu May 12 02:02:43 UTC 2011

Hi Mike,
1993 and 1995 was a long time ago. I say this in good fun, but would add
taht human readers cost money.

I'm facing a budget crisis just like our nation, and can not afford one.
What is one to dop?

Really, I've got Powerpoints golore ahead of finishing a science class for
this semester, and I go to school online, where no class mate can help me.

The solutions are outside of what I can affort.

1. Human readers who know powerpoint.

2. Buy a book on the subject of Powerpoint and screen readers. I think her
name is Mary ann Mertha, she sells these wonderful books, and would be glad
to sell me one.

I could fight for Services for the Blind to buy me the book I need to learn
the much needed skill, and the book would arive along with my next semester,
ad the new cources. In time for new powerpoint projects but not the task at
hand, the science.

I have bennefited from reader services, but someone's got to pay for it.

I think I can work well with readers, but I can't carry one in my pocket, or
pull one out of a bottle whenever I need.

And no, the KNFB reader does not do the trick for me.

Antonio Guimaraes